Stop SBI Cheque Payment: The State Bank of India is the most popular & trustable Bank of India. SBI provides various banking products with its account holders & options, a chequebook is one of such product which is provided by SBI to make payment etc. As everyone aware of it that if once cheque is cleared then the amount will surely deduct from your account. But there are lots of cases in which you lost the cheque or misplaced it. When you encounter such condition then don’t forget to stop cheque payment in SBI takes action at once. This step will stop the cheque from getting cleared. For more information read the complete article, where we have provided different methods to stop SBI cheque payment.
Steps to Stop SBI Cheque Payment
For the sake of stopping cheque payment in SBI Online, you will have to follow below steps.
- Firstly, open SBI official website.
- Then, find the link to login.
- Thereafter, login to Online SBI using your Internet Banking Username & Password.
- Now, select the E-Services option from the Top Menu.
- Then, click on Stop Cheque Payment.
- Select the same account for which you want to stop cheque payment then, fill following details.
Start cheque no: Enter the cheque no. if you wish to stop more than one cheque use field to enter cheque first no.
End cheque no: if you want to stop more than one cheque in series use this field to enter the last number of the cheque.
- Then, select Instrument Type & stop reason of cheque, Normal cheque or Multi City Cheque.
Stop Reason: Now select the reason to stop cheque from the list of options (Issued in error/Stolen/Lost in post/Cheque Reissued/Pain in Cash/Others).
Tick mark on the box corresponding to “I Accept the Following Terms and Conditions” then click on submit to stop your cheque.
Important Note: To stop cheque payment request through Internet banking will be available only from 08:00 hrs (IST) to 20:00 hrs (IST). Unfortunately, if you don’t have access to internet banking, you can contact your home branch to stop cheque in SBI.
Note: For more information, you may visit the official website or bookmark this page to know latest updates.